Changes due to the new examination regulations
regulations until September 30th,
Due to structural changes in the course of study of the new examination regulations 2022 there are also structural changes in the course of study of the old examination regulations 2009. This has an impact on RWTHonline, especially on the registration of exams. If you are enrolled in the old examination regulations 2009, you will find the changes that apply to you on this page.
RWTHonline: Registration for English-language mandatory examinations
In order for the grades to be entered correctly, you must also register in RWTHonline for the mandatory courses held in English for the exams with German titles!
Changes in language
The language requirements of the new examination regulations 2022 have been changed to “German and English ”. Therefore, mandatory modules can also be offered in English. The following mandatory modules are only available in English:
- Applied Molecular Catalysis (Angewandte molekulare Katalyse)
- Colloid Chemistry (Kolloidchemie)
- Computer Simulation and Spectroscopy of Solids (Computersimulation und Spektroskopie an Festkörpern)
from the winter semester 2023/2024: Computer Simulation and Spectroscopy in the Condensed Phase (Computersimulation und Spektroskopie in der kondensierten Phase)
- Heterogeneous Catalysis and Environmental Catalysis (Heterogene Katalyse und Katalyse in der Umwelttechnik)
- Reaction Engineering (Reaktionstechnik)
- Soft Matter Nanoscience (Soft Matter Nanoscience)
- Structures and Properties of Macromolecules and Polymeric Materials (Strukturen und Eigenschaften von Makromolekülen und Polymermaterialien)
Students of the old examination regulations 2009 must still register for the examinations with the German title! They can
In addition to the mandatory modules mentioned above, some of the mandatory elective modules are only offered in English:
- Biomaterials (Biomaterialien und bioaktive Peptide)
- Biophysical Chemistry (Biophysikalische Chemie)
- Characterization Methods in Heterogeneous Catalysis (Charakterisierungsmethoden in der heterogenen Katalyse)
- Catalysis for Modern Organic Synthesis (Katalyse für moderne Organische Chemie)
- Colloidal Hydrogels: Synthesis and Applications in Functional Materials (Kolloidale Hydrogele: Synthesen und Anwendungen in funktionalen Materialien)
- In Situ Spectroscopy for Process Control (In situ-Spektroskopie zur Prozessführung)
- Instrumental Analysis of Polymers (Instrumentelle Polymeranalytik)
- Industrial Organic Chemistry (Industrielle Organische Chemie)
- Mechanistic Studies in Molecular Catalysis (Mechanismen der molekularen Katalyse)
- Multiphase Catalysis: Principle and Industrial Application (Katalysatorimmobilisierung und Mehrphasenkatalyse)
- Nanostructured Catalysts: Synthesis, Characterization and Application (Nanostrukturierte Katalysatoren: Herstellung, Charakterisierung, Anwendung)
- Polymer and Colloidal Dispersion Rheology (Rheologie von Polymeren und kolloidalen Dispersionen)
- Physical Organic Chemistry: Mechanistic Investigation Methods (Physikalisch-Organische Chemie: Methoden für kinetische und mechanistische Untersuchungen)
- Scientific Computing for Chemical Reaction Engineering (Wissenschaftliches Rechnen in der Reaktionstechnik)
- Supramolecular Chemistry (Supramolekulare Chemie)
- Sustainable Industrial Chemistry (Nachhaltige industrielle Chemie)
Students of the old examination regulations 2009 can only take the exams of these modules in German if they have already taken the exams in a previous semester and have failed.
Changes in combined mandatory examinations
In the new examination regulations 2022, the combined mandatory modules were separated. With the 8th modified examination regulations 2009, the examinations of the combined mandatory lectures of the old examination regulations 2009 were also separated. Therefore, students of the old examination regulations 2009 will no longer take part in joint examinations for the following combined mandatory modules:
- SYN 1 ("Exam Molecular Symmetry and Asymmetric Synthesis and Applied Computational Chemistry")
new: "Exam Molecular Symmetry and Asymmetric Synthesis" and "Exam Applied Computational Chemistry"
- SYN 2 ("Exam Heterocycles in Medicinal Chemistry and Bioinorganic Chemistry")
new: "Exam Heterocycles in Medicinal Chemistry" and "Exam Bioinorganic Chemistry"
- CAT 2 ("Exam Bio- and Organocatalysis and Organometallic Chemistry and Homogeneous Catalysis")
new: "Exam Bio- and Organocatalysis" and "Exam Organometallic Chemistry and Homogeneous Catalysis"
- MES 2 ("Exam Chemical Nanostructures and Colloid Chemistry")
new: "Exam Chemical Nanostructures" and "Exam Colloid Chemistry"
- COS 1 ("Exam Theoretical Chemistry and Molecular Spectroscopy")
new: "Exam Theoretical Chemistry" and "Exam Molecular Spectroscopy"
- COS 2 ("Exam Quantum Chemistry of Solid State - Bands, Bonds, Materials Design and Theory of Magnetic Resonance")
new: "Exam Quantum Chemistry of Solid State - Bands, Bonds, Materials Design" and "Exam Theory of Magnetic Resonance"
Students who have only passed one part of an exam of the combined mandatory lectures can be recognized the passed part of the exam. Please contact the Service Center Chemistry.
Examination board Chemistry / Coordinator academic programs